Wednesday 15 February 2012

Week 6 - Chicken Biryani & Oreo Cheesecakes

I was watching the Hairy Bikers a while back and they made an amazing looking Chicken Biryani, I really wanted to try it so I found a recipe online and gave it a whirl. 

Sadly for the first time in 2012 I was a bit disappointed and this is because the recipe used shortcuts - using a curry paste instead of mixing the spices. I'd kind of thought this when I downloaded the recipe but hoped that something in the cooking process would make it taste like a biryani, but it didn't. It was delicious but aside from the almonds on the top if just tasted like a normal curry that I've made before. I realise that I've not sold this recipe that well but the recipe is here if you want to try it. Like I say it was a nice meal just didn't wow me - but I did take my own picture - no more plagiarism from Kitchen Gems! Here it is in all its glory!

As I was disappointed I can really only give this recipe a 5 out of 10 - I will be on the look out for a better version of this recipe later in the year!

Slightly more successful this week were the Mini Oreo Cheesecakes. These where amazing. So easy to make and so so cute. They'd be perfect for a house party and actually they aren't too fattening only 134 calories each so perfect for a tasty sweet treat!

Unfortunately they tend to dry out in the freezer so I wouldn't recommend freezing them really (they still tasted nice when defrosted but they'd just lost the moist texture). The picture below doesn't really do them justice but they are lovely bite-size morsels of Oreo yumminess.



I found the recipe here if anyone would like to try it. Personally I gave these 8 out of 10 but Mr Gem thought the base needed to be crunchier so would give them a 6 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment